Need to capture DFHSI517

IBM OS/370, MVS, OS/390, Linux, TPF, VM/CMS, VM/ESA, VSE/ESA, z/VM, z/VSE, z/OS, z/OS.e etc...

Need to capture DFHSI517

Postby khariharan9 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:12 pm

I have some 70+ CICS regions on 4 different Lpars. And I verify the control given to cics message everyday morning. I wish to automate this. To check for DFHSI517 message on all regions and send me an email that all are verified. They all run as a job from TWS OPC scheduler. Any suggestions?
khariharan9

Re: Need to capture DFHSI517

Postby willy jensen » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:58 pm

Use the SDSF REXX interface.
If you know the names of the jobs then use the DA (Display Active) to locate the jobs and scan the output with REXX.
Otherwise use the ISFLOG function to scan the syslog/operlog. See the chapter 'Browsing the system log with ISFLOG' in SDSF User's Guide. You could just offload the data and use SORT to scan for the messages.

If you are using OPERLOG then use the IEAMDBLG program to offload data, then scan the output using some program.
willy jensen

Re: Need to capture DFHSI517

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:42 pm

do You have any automation product installed ???
IIRC tivoli should be able to do it
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Return to Operating Systems