Opertune access issue

All about SAF, RACF, encryption, Firewall, Risk assessment and integrity concepts

Opertune access issue

Postby jaggz » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:46 pm

Hello,

We got an issue from a user saying that he is not able to access the BMC tool(db2 menu). Insense, whenever he tries to access that tool he gets a error message saying " you are not authorized to perform". I checked his user profile and everything was in place. Later on the user was able to access that BMC opertune(DB2 menu) tool without any issue. I was totally confused by this issue. Could anyone give me a explanation of what could have been the exact problem with the BMC tool opertune. Please advice me if you need a more precise explanation.
jaggz

Re: Opertune access issue

Postby Robert Sample » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:59 pm

One possibility would be that the RACF changes were made (assuming, of course, that RACF is the security package) and the user did not log off and back on to refresh their access.

Something like this question, however, would be best posed to the vendor -- have you contacted the vendor?
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Re: Opertune access issue

Postby dick scherrer » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:57 pm

Hello,

FWIW - this sounds much more like a local security procedure/issue rather than a product problem. . .
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Return to Mainframe Security