RMF monitor CPU percent for one address space

Ask about System customization & performance, Workload management, I/O device configuration etc.

RMF monitor CPU percent for one address space

Postby blue_tina » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:18 pm

I am running a workload test for a CICS application on z/OS. I want to use RMF to monitor and report the CPU usage percent of the CICS address space during my run in each interval . While I do not find any information about CPU usage percent for one address space on RMF CPU activity report. WHo can suggest how to config RMF for getting this kind of report? Thanks in advance!
blue_tina

Re: RMF monitor CPU percent for one address space

Postby Robert Sample » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:41 pm

RMF reports on the system (not pieces of it) -- you need to run the PROCU report and look for your address space on the output.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby blue_tina » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:27 am

Thanks for the quick response. I have no idea about PROCU report. Is it also a monitor and report tool for performance on z/OS? Could you give a little more detailed introduction about PROCU?
blue_tina

Postby Robert Sample » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:46 pm

Find the RMF manual for your system and start reading. You will find that PROCU is one of the many, many report options for RMF and produces processor utilization reports for the various jobs that ran during the interval RMF tracked. The RMF manual has sample JCL for running it, information about how to enter the parameters into RMF, and sample reports with explanations of each. From the sound of it, I think you need all that.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby blue_tina » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:02 am

Hi Robert,
Thank you very much for your information. I think the processor utilization report of RMF is just I needed. I will find the detail use for PROCU in RMF manual.
:-)
blue_tina

Return to System programming