More lines than 32x70?

Post anything related to mainframes (IBM & UNISYS) if not fit in any of the above categories

More lines than 32x70?

Postby onlinehero » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:36 pm

Hi devs.

I am enjoying the Personal Communications terminal for my mainframe work, but I would very much like to have more lines than the standard 70 I am able to see.

Is it possible for me to have more lines e.g. when I'm debugging using CADP?

I have tried googling "cics more lines" or "personal communications screen size" but I don't really find any help.

Regards

PS: Check the attachment for what I am talking about, when working with few lines. I can only monitor one variable at the time and see something like 12 lines of code at once.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
onlinehero

Re: More lines than 32x70?

Postby Robert Sample » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:49 pm

Terminal size is set by the terminal emulation software and common sizes are 24 rows x 80 columns, 32 x 80, 43 x 80, and 27 x 132. Your emulation software may be able to use other sizes as well.

HOWEVER, you need to talk to your site support group as your site may -- or may not -- support certain screen sizes and since this is HIGHLY site dependent, nobody on this forum can tell you whether or not your screen size can be changed. Only someone working at your site can possibly tell you that.

These users thanked the author Robert Sample for the post:
onlinehero (Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:51 pm)
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Re: More lines than 32x70?

Postby Mickeydusaor » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:36 pm

This display is of the IBM Debug tool, which has initialize file with settings you need to changes, and the Debug tool also has a PF1 help to set the different screen options and display.
Mickeydusaor

Return to All other Mainframe Topics