*.xlsx or *.txt Input to RUMBA

Discuss about all tools related to Mainframes but usable in a PC/Computer like Mainframe Simulators, Emulators, Abend Assist etc...

*.xlsx or *.txt Input to RUMBA

Postby H-Man3 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:47 pm

We are using RUMBA 2000, I been looking for a way to move data from a spreadsheet into the application. I want to macro the process and assume RUMBA can activate a VBA module that would parse the data then copy the information to buffer. This will allow the RUMBA macro to wait for the proper screens to paste the Data.

Does anyone know if this process is possible or is there a better way to create persistent variables for RUMBA macro automation?
H-Man3

Re: *.xlsx or *.txt Input to RUMBA

Postby Ed Goodman » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:00 pm

Two things.

1) I think RUMBA provides a COM or API object for just this kind of thing. So it might be easier to manipulate the RUMBA screen from an Excel macro than the other way around.

2) Try to do cut/paste if you can instead of using the EHLLAPI "sendkeys" or "type" commands. It's WAYYYYYYY faster. We tooks a macro that was typing the contents of a large text field and changed it to use the clipboard. It went from running hours to running minutes.
Ed Goodman

Re: *.xlsx or *.txt Input to RUMBA

Postby BillyBoyo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:04 pm

For something so specific and on a Beginners and Students web site, I'm not sure you'll get many answers.

Have you checked with MicroFocus support or any fora for Rumba that may exist?

EDIT: Although you may even get an answer before my post hits the cutting-room floor.
BillyBoyo
Global moderator

Return to Simulators & Emulators