Simulator for Windows

Discuss about all tools related to Mainframes but usable in a PC/Computer like Mainframe Simulators, Emulators, Abend Assist etc...

Simulator for Windows

Postby rkmohan » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:09 am

Hi,

I was trying to research on finding a TN3270's simulator for Windows Servers. Any help would be great. Below is a brief description of my requirement.

I need to open PCOMM in my local machine and connect to a Windows server inside Mainframe datacentre region and get a banner message back (something like "Hurray you are logged on...") on the PCOMM screen of my local machine.

Local machine (through Pcomm) ----Request through a specific port -------> Windows Server

Windows server --------- Response -- Banner message :: "Hurray You are Logged on " -------> local machine (PCOMM window)

Basically, I am trying to simulate a Mainframe environment using a Windows Server. is this possible ?

I tried looking at HACL option for PCOMM - but looks like HACL is used to connect to PCOMM which inturn can connect to a Mainframe Host.

Any help on finding a way to return a simple response from the WINDOWS SERVER back to the PCOMM installed in my local machine ?

Thanks in Advance,
RKM
rkmohan

Return to Simulators & Emulators