Not displaying ACCEPT? Also FLOATING WINDOW problem

Support for OS/VS COBOL, VS COBOL II, COBOL for OS/390 & VM and Enterprise COBOL for z/OS

Not displaying ACCEPT? Also FLOATING WINDOW problem

Postby Benaj » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:27 am

Hi, I wanted to make an ACCEPT statement for a keyboard input that doesnt show in the screen. I dont mean the ECHO, what I need is to receive the keyboard text input without popping the text input dialog. Is there any way to do that? Thanks.

Also, is there any way to move from a floating window to another and to the main window without activating the accept? I cant help but imagine a messy code for this, is there a simple way?
Benaj

Re: Not displaying ACCEPT? Also FLOATING WINDOW problem

Postby Robert Sample » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:22 am

What COBOL and platform are you using? Enterprise COBOL does not have windows -- floating or otherwise -- so your question about them is completely irrelevant to the mainframe. And an ACCEPT will display the text since it is using the terminal to read the data.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby Benaj » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:32 am

Im using Acucobol720. I thought it would be possible since you can for example accept data from system.
Benaj

Postby NicC » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:38 am

You have not answered the question about which platform, i.e. operating system, you are developingon/for. As far as I know ACUCobol is not present on mainframes.
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Postby Akatsukami » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:06 pm

ACUCOBOL appears to be a MicroFocus product for use on smartphones and toy computers. Bug them.
"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!" -- what I say to a junior programmer at least once a day
Akatsukami
Global moderator

Return to IBM Cobol