HOW TO ENABLE HILITE IN VSE MAINFRAME?

Support for OS/VS COBOL, VS COBOL II, COBOL for OS/390 & VM and Enterprise COBOL for z/OS

HOW TO ENABLE HILITE IN VSE MAINFRAME?

Postby new_coboler » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:52 pm

Hello,

I had always been into MVS but now I want to try VSE but in my surprise the interface is really dull compared to MVS, is there a way to make my cobol program colorful using HILITE? For me, it's important to know the commands in RED for example, and GREEN for non-command words, etc.
new_coboler

Re: HOW TO ENABLE HILITE IN VSE MAINFRAME?

Postby brown7 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:05 pm

The LOGICAL highlighting corresponds to language-specific logical keywords in the same color. If a mismatched closing keyword is found, e.g. B. END for PL / I or: eul. for BookMaster® it is only highlighted in reverse pink when HILITE LOGIC is active. When logic is highlighted, only the related comments are highlighted. Logical highlighting is only available for PL / I, PL / X, REXX, OTHER, C, SKELS, Pascal, and BookMaster. HILITE LOGIC enables both IFLOGIC and DOLOGIC.
brown7

Re: HOW TO ENABLE HILITE IN VSE MAINFRAME?

Postby brown7 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:11 pm

brown7 wrote:The LOGICAL highlighting corresponds to language-specific logical keywords in https://mylowes.vip/ the same color. If a mismatched closing keyword https://mykohlscharge.vip/ is found, e.g. B. END for PL / I or: eul. for BookMaster® it is only highlighted in reverse pink when HILITE LOGIC is active. When logic is highlighted, only the related comments are highlighted. Logical highlighting is only available for PL / I, PL / X, REXX, OTHER, C, SKELS, Pascal, and BookMaster. HILITE LOGIC enables both IFLOGIC and DOLOGIC.

Hope this had helped you.
brown7

Return to IBM Cobol