Crossed Program Boundary

High Level Assembler(HLASM) for MVS & VM & VSE

Crossed Program Boundary

Postby rlloydsr » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:16 am

I have a subroutine written in Assembler that is giving me this abend on a ST to save register 13 to the save area. The sub routine is being called by a CICS Cobol LE program and passed an input parm and output parm. I can't see why the error is happening there is cover for the save area there are two CSECTS with the same name and I was wondering if this could be the cause of the problem.

I have attached a copy of the beginning of the program and if anyone can see something that I am overlooking I would appreciate the help.
fonix.docx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rlloydsr

Re: Crossed Program Boundary

Postby dick scherrer » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:20 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Your attachment appears to be in the newest MS-Word format. Many people do not have the latest MS-Office and will not be able to see the content. Suggest saving using the "older" format.

Do you have an assembler module that has only 1 csect that is working in the same environment? If not, i'd kludge together a small test to make sure the basic code will work. If that works, change one of the csect names so there will not be duplicates. If that doesn't work, we figure out why the small test doesn not work. For the test, i'd recommend a called module that only takes control, moves some/all of the input parm to the output and returns.

Good luck :)

d
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby rlloydsr » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:32 pm

Thanks for the suggestion I did what you suggested and it seems to work, passing the parameters from another called program. It seem that the original program was written before High Level above the line Assembler and that may be the problem not really sure.
rlloydsr

Postby dick scherrer » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:48 am

You're welcome - good to hear it is working :)

If additional info is discovered, posting what you find may help another someday.

Happy New Year!

d
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Return to Assembler