tables comparsion

IBM's Command List programming language & Restructured Extended Executor

tables comparsion

Postby balamurali cl » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:17 pm

Hi all,

Using REXX we can compare two tables...In the same way can I compare two tables..??

I want to compare two tables because I am using different load utilities for loading data into tables...

Any idea would be of great help...
balamurali cl

Re: tables comparsion

Postby Akatsukami » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:27 am

What kind of tables: DB2, ISPF, kitchen...?
"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!" -- what I say to a junior programmer at least once a day
Akatsukami
Global moderator

Postby balamurali cl » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:00 am

Two DB2 tables....I will load the two tables with the same input file but using two different load utilities....So now I want compare the two tables...pls suggest me the procedure...So that I can develope ths tool...thanks
balamurali cl

Postby Akatsukami » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:18 am

May we assume that the table always has a primary key?
"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!" -- what I say to a junior programmer at least once a day
Akatsukami
Global moderator

Postby balamurali cl » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:32 am

NO....it may have or nt have the primary key...the count query may tell if the no of rows are equal in both tables....but as we compare two files...cant we compare the data in tables...???
balamurali cl

Postby balamurali cl » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:34 am

Tell me how to compare when it has primary key ..and if we dont have primary key...please suggest me some way to do this...is this possible..???
balamurali cl

Postby dick scherrer » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:44 am

Hello,

Why do you believe there is a possibility that the table content would not be the same :?

You could always unload the tables (in key sequence) and compare the unloaded data.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:51 am

Two DB2 tables....I will load the two tables with the same input file but using two different load utilities....So now I want compare the two tables...pls suggest me the procedure...So that I can develope ths tool...thanks

why do You feel that the <loaded> tables would be different ?
if the load utilities come from <primary> software providers it will be just a useless waste of time

topic going down the toilet ??? :mrgreen:
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby balamurali cl » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:58 am

yes....the comparsion can be done after unloading data to file...but I want to do without unloading...

There may be difference in data because....we are trying to use another utility then that exists now in production...for cost save...so we will replace all the parameters...so there may be difference...so to confirm its the same...we want to compare...
balamurali cl

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:07 am

There may be difference in data because....we are trying to use another utility then that exists now in production...for cost save...so we will replace all the parameters...so there may be difference...so to confirm its the same...we want to compare...

did You care to try to understand about reliability of software provided by <primary> companies ???
naturally if You go cheap such guarantees do not exist

also why not ask the new software provider about the conversions tasks... ???

:oops: Your organization is money saving mode so You thought better to get free consultancy on a forum
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Next

Return to CLIST & REXX