AMBLIST

IBM's Command List programming language & Restructured Extended Executor

AMBLIST

Postby cally » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:24 pm

Can anyone please tell me how can I use AMBLIST in REXX.. I need to access the loads in the dataset Cally.Test.Program(LOAD1)
cally

Re: AMBLIST

Postby NicC » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:53 pm

Did you try Google - I just did and found some links that may help you.
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Postby steve-myers » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:02 am

1. Learn how to run AMBLIST in batch and write the SYSPRINT output to a data set. You will have to replicate this in your TSO session using the ALLOCATE and CALL commands to simulate the EXEC statement and DD statements. You will need to write Rexx code to initialize the SYSIN data set for AMBLIST. The documentation for AMBLIST, if you do not already know this, is in MVS Diagnosis: Tools and Service Aids for your z/OS release. AMBLIST has 4 major functions: LISTLOAD, LISTIDR, LISTOBJ and LISTLPA. I think LISTLOAD or LISTIDR will do what you want.
  2. Examine the SYSPRINT output to find the data you are interested in.
  3. Write the Rexx code to examine the SYSPRINT output and produce the output you want.
  4. Combine the Rexx code in the previous bullet with the Rexx code discussed in the first bullet.
Since you never bothered to tell us what you are looking for in the first place, this is the best I (or most likely anyone else) can do. There may be shortcuts or simpler ways to obtain the data you really want, but unless you tell us what you think you need, no one can tell you.
steve-myers
Global moderator

Postby dick scherrer » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:00 am

Hello,

I need to access the loads in the dataset Cally.Test.Program
Why do you believe this needs to bo done wirh REXX?

Until you become familiar with the AMBLIST output, suggest you run in batch and studt the output.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Return to CLIST & REXX