Can REXX run at a setup time?

IBM's Command List programming language & Restructured Extended Executor

Can REXX run at a setup time?

Postby marshall25 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:14 pm

hi all,

i have a list to check the job complete status, you know some jobs will complete in perticular time(which time i can not access the tso ), and i want to submit a rexx to run at a setup time, is there something like scheduling facilities in rexx?
marshall25

Re: Can REXX run at a setup time?

Postby steve-myers » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:19 pm

No. Rexx is not a suitable environment for a scheduling package, though I think - I'm not 100% certain about this - at least one ISV suppiied scheduling package provides for Rexx like capabilities in package exits.
steve-myers
Global moderator

Postby Stefan » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:57 pm

If it's a production LPAR you have to use the existing scheduler, for example CA-7 or TWS.
O a development/test LPAR without any adequate support I would configure the Windows Task Manager to submit a job via FTP which executes the REXX program.
If you are only interested in the status and output of some jobs there is no need of executing another job. FTP is capable of retrieving job information from JES spools directly.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Stefan

Postby NicC » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:58 pm

Or you can just have the job notify you and when you log on you will get the notify messages.
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Return to CLIST & REXX