Clone access from one existing profile to another?

IBM's Command List programming language & Restructured Extended Executor

Clone access from one existing profile to another?

Postby NoSleep319 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:20 pm

We have Vanguard installed on our mainframe. Say there are two existing profiles: aaaa.bbbb and aaaa.bbbb.** . aaaa.bbbb.** would cover anything, whether it was gen or non-gen, but aaaa.bbbb would specifically cover non-gen. We have cases where idiots have created both, so some people have access to aaaa.bbbb and others have access to aaaa.bbbb.**. only people with access to aaaa.bbbb have actually access to the underlying datasets since it trumps the .** profile. So here's my question:

How do I clone/copy the PERMIT statements, or all access, from aaaa.bbbb to aaaa.bbbb.** so I can delete he aaaa.bbbb covering profile? I tried AD 'AAAA.BBBB.**' GEN FROM('AAAA.BBBB') FGEN UACC(NONE) OW(AAAA) but it was not successful. I understand that since it already exists, the AD could would probably not work, but is this a step in the right direction? Is there an alter dataset command that would work with FGEN, or is there anoher way to do this within one or two commands?
NoSleep319

Re: Clone access from one existing profile to another?

Postby Pedro » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:50 am

Try a batch job with LISTDSD followed by PERMIT prof1.name FROM(prof2.name)

I suggest a batch job so you have a list of existing permissions before you changed it, just for peace of mind.
Pedro Vera
Pedro

Return to CLIST & REXX