S001-03 System Abend Code - FILEAID Batch ABEND

Compuware's data management products: File-AID for IMS, File-AID/MVS, File-AID for DB2 and DBA-XPERT for DB2

Re: S001-03 System Abend Code - FILEAID Batch ABEND

Postby BillyBoyo » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:26 pm

enrico-sorichetti wrote:go back to school and learn to read and write...
mi name is Enrico, not Enricho!
misspelling other people name is the worst of bad manners

Dear Enrico,

I have the sort of name which is mis-spelled often. I have never, ever, given it a second thought. I have never heard of it being "the worst of bad manners". If possible, maybe you read an even older book on etiquette than I do?

When earlier writing a reply to you, I also spelled your name incorrectly. I did it quite by accident, and the same spelling as Quasar.

As to learning to read and write? What is all that about? If you are asking Quasar to improve his English I have to say that his is much better than yours. However, I also have to say I can understand you when you write. So it wouldn't/shouldn't matter if Quasar or anyone else's is like yours.

Yes, you are right when it comes to technical terms (although I've not noticed Quasar getting that sort of stuff wrong). Technical terms mean specific things, and if used incorrectly, mean the wrong thing (different from what anyone is trying to say).

I notice that Quasar continues to be polite to you, despite two apparent verbal tirades that I see no reason for. I know who I personally regard as having the better manners.

Regards,

Bill something-not-easy-to-spell-after-hearing
BillyBoyo
Global moderator

Postby Akatsukami » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:26 pm

BillyBoyo wrote:
enrico-sorichetti wrote:the first thing You should understand / learn is
do NOT post the same question on multiple forums / mailing list in this case ( IBMMAIN )

Dear Enrico,

How can you tell other people not to post wherever they like elsewhere on the internet? After all, you must be subscribed elsewhere...

Regards,

Bill

Strictly speaking, he cannot tell them not to post anywhere. However, he can tell them (as can I) that their posts will be deleted everywhere that he can do so, and ignored elsewhere.
"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!" -- what I say to a junior programmer at least once a day
Akatsukami
Global moderator

Postby NicC » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:11 am

How can you tell other people not to post wherever they like elsewhere on the internet? After all, you must be subscribed elsewhere

The thing is, it is considered rude to multiple post AT THE SAME TIME. One should wait, say 24 hours, before posting on another forum thus giving the first a chance to respond.
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Postby BillyBoyo » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:56 am

Thanks Nic. I didn't know that. Sorry Enrico.

Regards,

Bill

PS. How to know which to post in first :-)
BillyBoyo
Global moderator

Previous

Return to File-AID