Difference between Expediter and IBM bebugger..

All other tools like QACenter, Strobe, Endevor, Telon, APAS, Scheduler, Auditor, DATA-XPERT, CoolGen, Intertest, AdvantageGen, COBTEST etc.

Difference between Expediter and IBM bebugger..

Postby ajay0105 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:15 am

Hi

Can Any buddy please tell me what is the difference between Expediter and IBM bebugger.

what are the difference between them in term of performance response time.

both have so many advantage.But can any one tell me any disadvantage that he/she come across...
ajay0105

Re: Difference between Expediter and IBM bebugger..

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:08 pm

these kind of question usually start religious wars

ask the expediter people why their product is better than IBM' s
do the same with IBM
and after that good luck with Your choice :D
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Re: Difference between Expediter and IBM bebugger..

Postby Ed Goodman » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:23 pm

I've used both of them, and I love both of them.

Assuming the products are installed by rational people, the ease of use is about the same.

One function I used with Xped that I miss is the "REVERSE" command. I can't figure out how to do that with Debugger. You would set a breakpoint, then turn on the monitor, then let the program get to the breakpoint, then you could walk backwards through the program and see how you got there. Very helpful.

On the other side, I've really taken to creating macros for the IBM Debugger. It's easy to move breakpoints around and keep them on a given line of code when the code is being changed.
Ed Goodman

Return to All Other Tools