btech 2008 passout & IBM Mainframe trained . Plz help me

btech 2008 passout & IBM Mainframe trained . Plz help me

Postby Angel » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:33 pm

I am a B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering with an aggregate of 65%(2008 passout).I am also trained in mainframe(cobol,jcl,cics,vsam,db2) and still not placed.I had recently cleared a test for mainframe freshers but unfortunately couldnt attend the interview as they had informed me on very short notice.Now i am very sad and depressed.why none of the companies are recruiting freshers.?Should i try backdoor entry?Though i wrote gate 4 mtech admission,I dont like it.I want to work.Or is there any other courses other than mtech or mba that i can do for getting a job soon.Is animation or web designing/graphic designing a good course?
I need a job as soon as possible..I keep sending resumes.Is there any good consultancy which provides help.
Angel

Re: btech 2008 passout & IBM Mainframe trained . Plz help me

Postby dick scherrer » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:54 am

Hello Angel and welcome to the forum,

I am not familiar with B. Tech, but some technical training facilities also have assistance programs to help their people find work. Have you asked them?

You might also talk with people who were in the same group as you and see what can be learned form them.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Return to Career Guidance