Career in Mainframe

Career in Mainframe

Postby sadik pathan » Tue May 25, 2010 11:17 pm

Hi,
I am a commerce graduate. One of my friend suggested me Mainframe Application Programming, want to know your view. I dont have any technical background irrespetive of MS Office. Currently working in call centre. Need your opinions. Thanks in advance.
sadik pathan

Re: Career in Mainframe

Postby ramesh4mainframes » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:04 pm

I hope you already inquired this one. Mainframes is the good one to learn.........
Thanks,
RamS
ramesh4mainframes

Postby ashishtbscit » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:09 pm

Hi,
My name is Ashish Tiwari and i have done MCA and passed out in 2009 from mumbai.
I am currently working in a travel company from last 1 year as a system engineer working on sql sever 2008, i am bored of this job ,now i want to switch to mainframe as all my freinds are in mainframe and doing well and earning a good salary, so i thought of doing a course from Maples ESM pune and then again start my career again in mainframe , can u please suggest whether my decision is correct or i should think of another technology.
or if i do mainframe then i will get a job surely, please help me on this by gving your valuable suggestion.
ashishtbscit

Postby NicC » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:48 pm

If you go down this route only time will tell if it is the right choice as with any other path that you or anyone else takes. What works for one person may not work for another.
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Postby dick scherrer » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:08 am

Hello and welcome to the forum,

The most important part of choosing a career is choosing something that you will enjoy. Whatever your choice, it is something you will do for a long, long time - so it needs to be something you enjoy rather than something you hate to do but continue only for the salary.

For a long time into your professional career, suggest you keep multiple options open. If you start in one direction, you may decide later to proceed in a different direction. Invest in yourself to learn more than only "what you need to know". This need not cose lots of $ but will take some time (imho, i very good investment).

Good luck :)

d
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Return to Career Guidance