How to get job in IBM platform

How to get job in IBM platform

Postby tmjarin » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:17 pm

Hi,

I have been working as console operator in UNISYS mainframe. I would like to switch to IBM platform. I have trained in IBM course.
But i couldnt get job in IBM platform. pls guide me to get a job as soon as possible.
tmjarin

Re: How to get job in IBM platform

Postby MrSpock » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:46 pm

Not sure I follow. What company would segregate their operations staff based on the platform? Usually the operators are very much hardware/software agnostic and tend to support pretty much everything across the board. Doesn't your company provide cross-training opportunities? How about internships?
MrSpock
Global moderator

Postby dick scherrer » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:08 am

Hello,

What IBM training did you attend? Do you want to become an IBM operator or move from operations to something else?

Many training institutions also have job placement assistance. Have you talked with the prople who provided the IBM course?
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby tmjarin » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:58 pm

I got ibm training in artech infotech in chennai. they are not give any job placement. i want to move from unisys operation to ibm operation. i have updated my cv in job websites. but i couldnt get a job. i need a guidence..

dick scherrer wrote:Hello,

What IBM training did you attend? Do you want to become an IBM operator or move from operations to something else?

Many training institutions also have job placement assistance. Have you talked with the prople who provided the IBM course?
tmjarin

Postby dick scherrer » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:13 pm

Hello,

i need a guidence..
Suggest you talk with the people at "artech infotech" and ask what they recommend. Hopefully, other people who have taken their training have found jobs. . .

You might also look on the websites of organizations that use IBM mainframes and see what kinds of jobs they are trying to fill.

One other thought i can offer is that looking for a job is a major effort. It will take several hours a day and can be quite repetitive. While posting on some job websites may help, directly applying to the organization can be more productive (at least it has been for me and many others of my acquaintance).
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Return to Career Guidance