cics restart

Support for CICS/ESA, CICS/TS & Transaction Gateway, CICS Configuration Manager and CICS Performance Analyzer

cics restart

Postby pram48 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:13 pm

After the normal shut down operation of cics region,when i try to restart the region from sdsf panel by invoking "/s XXXXXX,start=auto" ,it doesn't establish the cics session..It gives an o/p like some of the reserved datasets(eg. intrapartition dataset) are unavailable with a return code 04..I cant modify the datasets too,because its saying they are in use..Can you guyz suggest me a way to restart my cics region?
pram48

Re: cics restart

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:47 pm

It gives an o/p like some of the reserved datasets(eg. intrapartition dataset) are unavailable with a return code 04..

why do You want us waste time guessing
post the exact message You received.

You will not able to start/restart Your cics instance until You have taken the actions described in the messages manual for the message You have received

we are here to help not to read the manuals on Your behalf :mrgreen:
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Re: cics restart

Postby Robert Sample » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 pm

Where in the contest directions does it tell you to use S xxxxxxxx,START=AUTO as your CICS startup command?
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Return to CICS