db2comm issue

IBM's flagship relational database management system

db2comm issue

Postby jaggz » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:24 pm

Hi,

I am from the mainframe support team. We got a request from DB2 guys for configuring a connection to DB2 subsystem. We provided them with Communication protocol
TCP/IP
Hostname
Servicename
Portnumber
Database Name
Database Aliasname
OS
Instance Name
System Name.

They were using a client called add "database wizard". After providing the above information they got an error saying :

SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCPIP". communication. Communication API being used: "SOCKET". Location where the error was detected is : "233.442.12.3". Communication function is detecting the error. " connect". Protocol Specific error code(s) : "10061",'', SLQSTATE =08001.
jaggz

Re: db2comm issue

Postby GuyC » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:14 pm

Socket error = #10061
10061 is a Connection Refused error sent to you by the server. You could not make a connection because the target machine actively refused it. The most common cause is a misconfigured server, full server, or incorrect Port specified by the client.

Sometimes a 10061 error is caused by either a firewall or anti-virus software presence on the local computer or network connection. Either one may be blocking the ports needed to make a successful connection to the server.
I can explain it to you, but i can not understand it for you.
GuyC

Re: db2comm issue

Postby jaggz » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:44 pm

Guy,

thanks for your timely response. I will check and come back.
jaggz

Return to DB2