Issue "IDI0044I Current fault is a duplicate of fault ID .."

IBM's flagship relational database management system

Issue "IDI0044I Current fault is a duplicate of fault ID .."

Postby crazystorm » Mon May 28, 2012 1:49 pm

Hi,

Firstly, I tried to search if I can find the answer from the forum or google, but I failed. My issue is when I recreate the db2 components (tables, index...etc.) after dropping them, I meet the following errors:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+IDI0001I Fault Analyzer V10R1M0 (UK62342 2010/11/18) invoked by IDIXDCAP using SYS1.IFA.PARMLIB(IDICNF00)
+IDI0044I Current fault is a duplicate of fault ID F00001 in history file SYSU.IFA.HIST - the duplicate count is
+IDI0053I Fault history file entry suppressed due to: Duplicate fault or End Processing user exit
+IDI0002I Module IGG019AQ offset X'E8': Abend S013-X'18'
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see there is a record in SYSU.IFA.HIST($$INDEX) and so many Fxxxxx members to log the jobs and user ids which executed the DDL statements to create db2 components. But I don't know what do they used for.

Could anyone please kindly help to solve this problem? Thanks.
crazystorm

Re: Issue "IDI0044I Current fault is a duplicate of fault ID

Postby crazystorm » Mon May 28, 2012 2:13 pm

Below are some related info I could find:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IDI0044I Current fault is a duplicate of fault ID faultid - the duplicate count is count
Explanation:
As the result of the NoDup(NORMAL(hours)) option in effect, Fault Analyzer determined that the current fault was a duplicate of an existing fault in the same history file. The duplicate count of the existing fault is incremented by one and is displayed as count in the message. Refer to NoDup for the conditions that are used to determine the duplicate fault.

System action:
Processing continues. Unless an End Processing user exit is used to change the normal behavior of duplicate fault processing, both the system dump (if any) and the history file entry will be suppressed.

User response:
None
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I added IDITRACE DDname to my job for tracing info provided by Fault Analyzer. Then I got following:

<H1> I B M F A U L T A N A L Y Z E R E V E N T D E T A I L S

================================================================================
<H2> EVENT 1 OF 13: CALL (DSA ADDRESS 0002FB98)

Load Module Name. . . . . . : SYS1.DSNENV2.SDSNLOAD(DSNECP10)
At Address. . . . . . . . : 00038000
Load Module Length. . . . : X'48000'
Link-Edit Date and Time . : 2012/05/16 03:14:13

But I still don't know what the root cause of this issue and how to figure it out. Help please...
crazystorm

Postby NicC » Mon May 28, 2012 5:29 pm

Did you try analysing the cause of the abend as given by the abend code which is there in plain abendese?

"Abend S013-X'18' "
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Postby dick scherrer » Mon May 28, 2012 11:52 pm

Hello,

Suggest you read about the abend in the z/OS System Codes manual:
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/ ... 2/CONTENTS

Using the yellow flashlight/tubelight search for the 013 abend and then contnue as directed.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Return to DB2