Mainframes to Dropbox connection

Compuware's data management products: File-AID for IMS, File-AID/MVS, File-AID for DB2 and DBA-XPERT for DB2

Mainframes to Dropbox connection

Postby chenna » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:16 am

Hi All,

Would anyone have an idea how to connect mainframes with Dropbox? We have this requirement in our project. Need to send files from mainframes to dropbox and vice versa.
chenna

Re: Mainframes to Dropbox connection

Postby Robert Sample » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:34 am

Why don't you contact Dropbox and ask THEM? You are MUCH more likely to get information by talking to a vendor than by asking on a forum. I doubt you'll get many, if any, responses on a forum because this does not sound like something very many companies have done or will do so it is not likely anyone has experience with this.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby Terry Heinze » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:05 am

As Robert says, Dropbox would probably be your best bet for information. I use Dropbox at home for personal use, but can't speak to its security, which your mainframe folks would likely be concerned with. Dropbox can be used with any files defined in your Windows Explorer. so I don't see a problem there. I don't know of any way to connect a mainframe directly to Dropbox without using the "intermediate" step of Explorer.
.... Terry
Terry Heinze

Postby chenna » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:36 pm

Thanks Robert and Terry. I will try to contact. Just came here to see if anyone is already using Dropbox-Mainframes.
chenna

Return to File-AID