Can we recover the deleted PDS?

Compuware's data management products: File-AID for IMS, File-AID/MVS, File-AID for DB2 and DBA-XPERT for DB2

Can we recover the deleted PDS?

Postby sharmee.j » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:45 pm

Hi,
I uncataloged one PDS via file aid, and I am trying to recover the PDS by giving the HRECOVER ('data set name") in TSO. But when I gave this command am getting "ARC1004I DFSMSHSM NOT ACTIVE - REQUEST 00000011 QUEUED".
I searched the reason, and it is that "A nonwait-type request was issued while DFSMShsm was not active. The request was assigned the DFSMShsm request number rnumber and was queued for later processing. The request number is used in the QUERY or HQUERY command". The problem is "DFSMShsm is an IBM product to support space management, disaster recovery, etc.... if this product is active / installed in my MVS then only I can use the HRECOVER command, I believe my MVS should have this product atleast for disaster management. may be it can be inactive at that time of recover."

Can anyone please tell "is there any recovery process there other than this????"

Thanks,
Sharmila
Thanks,
Sharmila
sharmee.j

Re: Can we recover the deleted PDS?

Postby dick scherrer » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:15 am

Hello,

Suggest you talk with your storage management people.

Did you uncatalog the dataset or did you delete it? If you only uncataloged it, it may still be on the dasd volume where it was stored and may be re-cataloged. Again, your storage management people can help.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Return to File-AID