How to connect to IDMS data base on Z/os from C#.Net?

Programming support for IDMS(Integrated Database Management System), IDD, IDMS-DC & ADS/Online

How to connect to IDMS data base on Z/os from C#.Net?

Postby laxmikanth » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:46 pm

I want to connect to IDMS data base from C#.Net application, any one has any idea on how to achieve this?
laxmikanth

Re: How to connect to IDMS data base on Z/os from C#.Net?

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:10 pm

the <ONEs> with the best ideas will be the IDMS manuals :mrgreen:
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Re: How to connect to IDMS data base on Z/os from C#.Net?

Postby Robert Sample » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:32 pm

Besides the manuals, have you looked at the vendor web site? CA provides a lot of material on their support web site for their products. If your site is licensed for IDMS, then you have access to the CA support site.

Although it has been a bit since my site had IDMS installed, IIRC there are ODBC and JDBC drivers available from CA to install on a Windows machine that will let you talk to IDMS on a z/OS machine. Whether or not the connectivity is base software or requires extras (which mean payments to the vendor), I could not tell you. Your best source of information for this type of question is the vendor.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Return to IDMS/ADSO