IMS Transaction S0C4 Abend

IBM's hierarchical database management system with a Database Manager (IMS DB) and a Transaction Manager(IMS DC)

IMS Transaction S0C4 Abend

Postby senthilvel » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:26 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am facing a strange problem while executing the IMS Transaction.

The Transaction (Say TRNA123) calls a PLI subprogram by passing the parameters thru pointer. The transaction fails inside the subprogram with S0C4.

The same transaction TRNA123 works fine sometimes and fails often with S0C4. It is also not related to data error because I try with the same input everytime.

Whenever the transaction fails with S0C4, the debugging statements (PUT SKIP) inside the subprogram doesnt show up in the sysout.

I searched in web and thought it could be addressing problem in Virtual memory. So i checked the region parameter of IMS region in which the transaction TRNA123 executes and found it as 8M which is the same values as in Production environment.

The SYSUDUMP was not helpful for me since it is captured in a file of undefined length (RECFM is 'U').

Do we have any other options that needs to be checked or tried?

The Development IMS region has the cloned version of transaction related programs from Production region.

Thanks,
Senthilvel
senthilvel

Re: IMS Transaction S0C4 Abend

Postby NicC » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:53 pm

execute your put skips twice. If you only do it once then the last one will not show up. It IS a data problem - probably the pointer is pointing to a bad area which sometimes holds values that match the characteristics of the variable.
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Return to IMS DB/DC