Batch utility for =3.4 ?

Ask queries about other IBM Tools like Tivoli, COBTEST, Fault Analyzer, z/OS File Manager, Workload Simulator, APA, SCLM, Merge & Migration Tools etc...

Re: Batch utility for =3.4 ?

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:40 am

doesn' t Your organization have a tool for source control ?

SCLM, ENDEVOR, CHANGEMAN, to say a few, incorporate pretty good reporting facilities
with the appropriate protection of the <change management> related data

just meditate a bit ...
without proper source control Your efforts will be wasted
anybody can reset the statistics for a given member of a pds
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby c62ap90 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:57 am

enrico-sorichetti wrote:doesn' t Your organization have a tool for source control ?

SCLM, ENDEVOR, CHANGEMAN, to say a few, incorporate pretty good reporting facilities
with the appropriate protection of the <change management> related data

just meditate a bit ...
without proper source control Your efforts will be wasted
anybody can reset the statistics for a given member of a pds

Yes, our organization has ENDEVOR but my specific task is to find a batch utility process I can run against a PDS (not source code) that will give me the results comparable to TSO browsing in =3.4. - Name, Prompt, Size, Created, Changed, ID, etc. Thanks.
c62ap90

Postby Robert Sample » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:10 am

You have now wasted several days attempting to find something that does not appear to exist, at least in the form you want. You COULD have spent the last few days writing code in the language of your choice to accomplish your requirement, rather than hanging around a forum.

So get busy coding and write the thing yourself.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby c62ap90 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:38 am

Robert Sample wrote:You have now wasted several days attempting to find something that does not appear to exist, at least in the form you want. You COULD have spent the last few days writing code in the language of your choice to accomplish your requirement, rather than hanging around a forum.

So get busy coding and write the thing yourself.

No need to be rude! Try to keep it professional.
Since a batch utility process does not seem to exist in the form I would like - lock the post.
Thank you.

From the Forum Rules:

Treat others positively and with respect. Flaming other members or other forums will lead to a warning, possibly even a ban. Be patient and help others if you can. This is an all volunteer board so if your post gets answered, please remember to thank the posters for their effort. (Use the Thank button or post a reply)
c62ap90

Postby dick scherrer » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:59 am

Hello,

No need to be rude! Try to keep it professional.

Why might you believe that telling you (repeatedly) that you are on a track not suited to your level of experience is being rude? It IS rather professional to try to help new people grow. No need to try to reply as per your request, this is being locked.

Since a batch utility process does not seem to exist in the form I would like - lock the post.
I'm not sure exactly what this means unless "form" is a typo. Your own program(s)/process could be your utility batch process.

If you intend to stay in IT as a career, you will need to overcome a beliefe / desire that everyone will treat you exactly as you wish.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Previous

Return to Other IBM Tools