Schedule any JCL program at a specific time

Ask queries about other IBM Tools like Tivoli, COBTEST, Fault Analyzer, z/OS File Manager, Workload Simulator, APA, SCLM, Merge & Migration Tools etc...

Re: TWS job scheduling

Postby dick scherrer » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:18 am

Hello,

If there is no one in the organization who knows scheduling, someone needs to be trained, or temporarily hired to train, or hired permanently.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby Blackthorn » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:48 pm

This isn't the place to train you on how to use the product. There must be someone in your organisation who can help with this, otherwise arrange some external training.

However, a few queries for you to ponder on -

In your earlier you post, you said that the job was remaining in a status of started, whereas now you are saying it's in a status of waiting. Which is it?
Are you saying that you have defined a new work-station to run this job on? Why is that? Have you not run work on that box previously?
Is it a mainframe that you are trying to run the job on or not? If not, you will need TWS software installed and configured on the remote box.
Blackthorn

Postby dick scherrer » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:31 am

Hello,

"Someone" in your organization needs to get familiar with scheduling . . .

We can help with many things, but we are not here to teach your organization how to do their job.

If someone here is able to do this and is willing to try, great, but you might be better opening an issue with vendor support.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby apru » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:25 pm

hi
thanks for your suggestions.Luckily my job successfully ran at the scheduled time ..But the problem is the status of the application is still S(started) and not changing to C(complete) even though the job is completed successfully.I had tried with only one operation in my application..please advise ...
apru

Postby Blackthorn » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:24 pm

You are saying that there is just one job in the application that has a status of "C", but the application itself still has a status of "S" ? That doesn't make any sense. Please post some screenshots showing the application listed in 5.2, then after selecting the application and then after issuing the OPER command.

Or are you saying that although the job completed succesfully, it's status is still "S" in TWS? If so, please refer to my earlier query which you have not answered - what is the extended status?
Blackthorn

Postby dick scherrer » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:20 pm

Hello,

When posting "screen shots" you need to use copy/paste and the Code tag.

Do not post images as they tend to be cluttered and waste considerable forum space.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby apru » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:17 am

how do we check the extended status??
apru

Postby apru » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:33 am

hi..

Suppose a job scheduled using tivoli opc ends in error .
1.Is it possible to send error notification and the error details to a person via mail??

2.Is it possible to get the error details in a physical sequential file when a job fails??

Can some one please tell me how to accomplish this??
apru

Postby Blackthorn » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:39 pm

1) There is no built in TWS function to do this. The easiest way would be to use a 3rd party product such as TWSemon from APS Enterprise which does have this functionalty built in. Otherwise you will need to set up some automation to trap the EQQE036I message.

2) Again, there is no built in functionality for this. Depeneding on why you think you want this, there may be an alternative approach.
Blackthorn

Postby Blackthorn » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:00 pm

Another option has just occured to me for your first question, although it's only of use if there is a limited number of jobs that you want to receive an e-mail for. It is of no use if you want to receive an e-mail about every job that may fail.

In this case you can have a seperate batch job that will only run if the job in question fails. Use Automatic Recovery statements or conditional dependencies to enable this.
Blackthorn

PreviousNext

Return to Other IBM Tools