Ads on site

Ads on site

Postby steve-myers » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:02 am

I have been seeing a number of banner ads on this site that appear to provide unspecified drivers. I won't click on this ad, and I strongly encourage all people that use this site to not click on this banner ad. Heaven only knows what junk will come down to your computer.

For all I know this is on the up and up, but I'm not about to find out! The computers I generally use to use this site were purchased in 2002 and 2003; there are more secure ways to get updated drivers than a banner ad on this site.
steve-myers
Global moderator

Re: Ads on site

Postby prino » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:31 pm

steve-myers wrote:I have been seeing a number of banner ads on this site that appear to provide unspecified drivers. I won't click on this ad, and I strongly encourage all people that use this site to not click on this banner ad. Heaven only knows what junk will come down to your computer.

For all I know this is on the up and up, but I'm not about to find out! The computers I generally use to use this site were purchased in 2002 and 2003; there are more secure ways to get updated drivers than a banner ad on this site.

Use Firefox with the Adblock Plus add-on, and adds will be a thing of the past :mrgreen:
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
prino

Postby admin » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:20 pm

Can anyone please share me the link where the ad redirected to, so that we can ban that publisher.
admin
Site Admin

Postby steve-myers » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:05 am

I just got hit with the ad, but the URL, to the point where Chrome displayed it, was some horribly long value that started off with a Google URL. Sorry, best I can do.
steve-myers
Global moderator

Postby admin » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:40 am

was some horribly long value that started off with a Google URL

I don't need the link URL, but the destination URL. For example , in India we are getting olx.in
admin
Site Admin

Postby prino » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:16 pm

admin wrote:
was some horribly long value that started off with a Google URL

I don't need the link URL, but the destination URL. For example , in India we are getting olx.in

Clicking the link will open the site, which could be very unpleasant if you don't use Firefox with the NoScript add-on...
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
prino

Return to Suggestions & Feedback