Need SYNCSORT help

Support for NetApp SyncSort for z/OS, Visual SyncSort, SYNCINIT, SYNCLIST and SYNCTOOL

Need SYNCSORT help

Postby OliverM » Sun May 05, 2013 2:39 am

Hi, I'm currently working on a production issue for my employer and in order to fix the issue, I would need to combine 10 records on 10 different files that are all defined FB 50 into one record that is defined FB 500.
I was told that syncsort can do that but I don't know how.. Any help would be appreciated..
OliverM

Re: Need SYNCSORT help

Postby NicC » Mon May 06, 2013 4:31 pm

Your title is almost useless - you are posting in the Syncsort section so obviously you need Syncsort help - unless you are one of these people who do not know the difference between Syncsort and DFsort. Which you are not as you also mention Syncsort in the body of your question.

So, you presumably have access to the Syncsort manual and, I believe, the bit you need to concentrate on is JOINKEYS. On the other hand I am not 100% sure as on re-reading your post I am now getting the feeling that you have one record in each file. do the records have a matching key across the lot of them?

If your files have multiple records can there be duplicates in one, many or all files? If so, what is to be done with the unmatched records?
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Postby BillyBoyo » Mon May 06, 2013 6:52 pm

It is still not clear. Is there one record per file, or multiple records per file?

It will be possible, using an appended sequence number and several WHEN=GROUPs.
BillyBoyo
Global moderator

Postby dick scherrer » Mon May 06, 2013 9:18 pm

Hello aand welcome to the forum,

If there is only 1 record per file, i suspect you could concatenate the 10 input files and write out the 500-byte record you want.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby Pandora-Box » Tue May 07, 2013 11:00 am

Does your Syncsort product support something similar to RESIZE of DFSORT?
Pandora-Box

Return to Syncsort/Synctool