SMPE GIM65902E Message

Ask about System customization & performance, Workload management, I/O device configuration etc.

SMPE GIM65902E Message

Postby stan01 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:10 pm

Dear All,
I take a mistake for SMPE action.
When I accept check a sysmod , I write BYPASS(HOLDSYSTEM,APPLYCHECK) and accept finish.
I want to apply check for this sysmod and find SMPE error message GIM65902E.
What action I can resolve this problem? thanks.
GIM65902E 10 MODULE EZAFTPMF IS NEEDED TO BUILD LOAD MODULES BUT CAN NOT BE USED BECAUSE ITS
DISTRIBUTION ZONE RMID UK26020 IS DIFFERENT FROM THE TARGET ZONE RMID UK06888,
AND ITS RMID UK06888 IS NOT IN THE SMPPTS.
I found SYSMODS was Not Apply, but already accepted.
ZONE TYPE FMID STATUS
GLOBAL PTF REC
MVSD100 PTF HLE7720 ACC
MVST100 *
------------------------------------------------

please give me some advice, thanks.
Stan
stan01

Re: SMPE GIM65902E Message

Postby Robert Sample » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:36 pm

Have you tried what the manual suggests? From the MAC:
System Action: SYSMOD processing stops.

Programmer Response: Do one of the following and rerun the job:

1. RECEIVE into the Global zone and SMPPTS data set SYSMOD sysmod2 that last replaced the module in the target system. SMP/E will then find and use the module in the SMPPTS data set when you rerun the job.

2. List the module in the target and distribution zones and compare the FMID, RMID, and UMIDs. (If the message indicated an FMID or RMID mismatch, the UMIDs may also mismatch.) You may then be able to use the ACCEPT or RESTORE commands to synchronize the target zone and distribution zone either restoring or accepting the module's target zone FMID, RMID, or UMID (whichever was indicated as causing the mismatch). This will allow SMP/E to find a usable copy of the module in the distribution zone when you rerun the job.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby stan01 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:44 pm

Dear all.
Thanks many again.
But I found my mistake situation as below.
I run ACCEPT check, but I bypass(HOLDSYSTEM, APPLYCHECK).
I run real accept job, but I forget I use ByPass APPLYCHECK.
and some SYSMOD was RECEIVE, ACCEPT, But It Not APPLY in SMPE ZONE.
(1).
Entry Type: SYSMOD
Entry Name: UK17069
ZONE TYPE FMID STATUS
GLOBAL PTF REC ========> It already RECEIVE. so can Not receive
MVSD100 PTF HIP6170 ACC ========> It already ACCEPT. so can Not restore and accept
MVST100 *
--- in this situation, Could I solve this GIM65902E problem when I RECEIVE the SYSMOD again?
The Sysmod has be accepted and Received, then I can Not RESTORE it and accept again.
Have another method can solve this problem?
(2).
And I find a sysmod status as below.
-------------------- Status ----
ZONE TYPE FMID STATUS
-------- -------- -------- -------- ------
GLOBAL *
MVSD100 PTF HIP6170 ACC
MVST100 PTF HIP6170 APP
the situation that I can RECEIVE again, so is it become Normal?
But (1) situation , Have any method can be solve? Thanks,
Stan
stan01

Postby Robert Sample » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:05 pm

The normal processing flow for SMP/E is to RECeive the data (PTFS, SYSMODS, or whatever), APPly them (APPLY CHECK is usually a good way to check for problems before allowing the target libraries to be updated) -- which updates the target libraries, then ACCept them -- which updates the distribution libraries. Once you have done the ACCEPT, they become part of the base code. Accordingly, I cannot make any sense of this part of your psot:
--- in this situation, Could I solve this GIM65902E problem when I RECEIVE the SYSMOD again?
The Sysmod has be accepted and Received, then I can Not RESTORE it and accept again.
Have another method can solve this problem?
In fact, the SMP/E manual specifically states in the chapter on RESTORE:
The RESTORE command replaces the affected elements in the target libraries with the unchanged versions from the distribution libraries. (As a result, once you have accepted a SYSMOD into the distribution libraries, you cannot use RESTORE to remove it from the target libraries.)

If you do a RECEIVE and APPLY, you can use REJECT and reapply with REWORK. Once you've done the ACCEPT, only new maintenance can replace that code. That is why you want to be very, very, very careful about doing the ACCEPT -- because it's one of those cannot-be-undone moments.

As far as your second question, if you're asking about doing the same RECEIVE again -- no, SMP/E keeps track of what you've done already and won't let you just RECEIVE the same maintenance. I haven't tried (I don't take chances with my SMP/E systems) but I suspect even using a REWORK on the same maintenance wouldn't be received -- probably you'd get an error message.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby Bill Dennis » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:36 am

Robert,
Assumimg the ACCEPT process deleted the PTF from the GLOBAL zone, the re-RECEIVE would probably be OK. That seems to be the idea behind option 1 in the text you pasted above from the MAC manual.

Stan,
If you can RECEIVE it again you could not RESTORE since it was never applied yet. You'd probably do an APPLY BYPASS(ACCEPTCHECK) just to get it applied and be done with it.
Regards,

Bill Dennis

Disclaimer: My comments on this forum are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity.
Bill Dennis

Postby Robert Sample » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:01 am

I don't think ACCEPT deletes anything -- SMP/E keeps track of PTFs no matter which zone they are in. For the o/p case #1, the status is listed as REC so it may be possible to REJECT it and RECEIVE with REWORK -- it's worth a try. That it's not in the target zone makes me wonder just what happened, but it might be possible to do an APPLY after RECEIVE / REWORK.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby stan01 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:03 am

Dear Robert and Dennis,
Thanks many again and your support,
I think I will try receive again first, and do next action.
Not the other method to solve this problem, It is bad for me ... haha.
I wish it is fine for accept action is to delete, Not to trace some info in SMPE.
Thanks for your advice again.
If have any method, Please kindly help me more, thanks.
Stan.
stan01

Return to System programming