ISPF Tables

TSO Programming, ISPF, SDF, SDSF and PDF, FTP, TCP/IP Concepts, SNA & SNA/IP etc...

ISPF Tables

Postby eprasad629 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:51 pm

I encountered a problem while trying to write an entry onto an ISPF table. I have an ISPF table created under a dataset "<USERID>.TLIB". Whenever I try to write an entry in that table, the entries are getting updated under the dataset "<USERID>.ISPF.PROFILE".

I tried deleting the table from "<USERID>.ISPF.PROFILE" dataset and re-executed. However I could see the table created again in the "<USERID>.ISPF.PROFILE" dataset after the execution of the program.

Could you please help me out of this situation?

Also, is it possible to direct a program to write a table available under a specific dataset name?
Thanks & Regards,

Praelay
--------------------------------
eprasad629

Re: ISPF Tables

Postby Bill Dennis » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:25 pm

IIRC, the tables get built in the PDS allocated to ISPTABL. Make that a separate PDS from your ISPF PROFILE.
Regards,

Bill Dennis

Disclaimer: My comments on this forum are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity.
Bill Dennis

Postby MrSpock » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:30 pm

1.2.1 Files used by ISPF from the z/OS V1R10.0 ISPF Reference Summary.

ISPTABLE
Table output

ISPTLIB
Table input

Do you have the right library allocated to the right DDNAME? It sure seems as if you've allocated "<USERID>.ISPF.PROFILE" to the ISPTABLE DD instead of your "<USERID>.TLIB". If so, try the 3.24 LIBDEF--allocate application libraries Service or re-do your allocations.
MrSpock
Global moderator

Postby eprasad629 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:41 pm

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your investigation. It helped me a quite a lot in resolving the issue in time.

Many thanks for your investigation and timely response.
Thanks & Regards,

Praelay
--------------------------------
eprasad629

Postby Bill Dennis » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:45 pm

I don't know why the ISPF Reference Summary linked to by Mr Spock incorrectly shows the DDNAME of ISPTABLE. The correct filename is ISPTABL.
Regards,

Bill Dennis

Disclaimer: My comments on this forum are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity.
Bill Dennis

Return to TSO & ISPF