How to grant access to all the users

TSO Programming, ISPF, SDF, SDSF and PDF, FTP, TCP/IP Concepts, SNA & SNA/IP etc...

How to grant access to all the users

Postby apjohn1986 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:38 pm

Hi,

I want to give READ access of my PDS to all the users. I know we can grant access to a specific user using PERMIT command. Can anyone please tell me how to grant access to all the users?

Thanks in advance!
Thanks,
John
apjohn1986

Re: How to grant access to all the users

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:10 pm

I want to give READ access of my PDS to all the users. I know we can grant access to a specific user using PERMIT command. Can anyone please tell me how to grant access to all the users?

pretty inconsiderate action,
Nobody should mangle with the authorizations defined/enforced by the security standards
it usually is cause for lawful termination

You should have asked Your support, not on a forum!
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby steve-myers » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:23 pm

Discuss this matter with site security. Failure to do this will probably result in your being FIRED.
steve-myers
Global moderator

Postby apjohn1986 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:03 pm

enrico/Steve,
Thanks for your suggestions... But sharing my local PDS will not violate our org policies. Can you please help me out in this if that is technically possible?
Thanks,
John
apjohn1986

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:07 pm

But sharing my local PDS will not violate our org policies. Can you please help me out in this if that is technically possible?

then Your support will be glad to take care of it, and/or provide the proper advice.
no reason for anybody to steal their job :geek:
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby Robert Sample » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:34 pm

It may or may not be possible for you to do what you want to do; only someone working in your site support group can tell you how your site is set up. Some sites restrict the use of the RACF commands such as PERMIT to only security group members while other sites allow some use of RACF commands by programmers. Only someone working at your site can provide you with the necessary guidance; nobody on this forum should be giving you commands that may or may not be acceptable for you to execute at your site.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Return to TSO & ISPF