CA7 Dataset triggering

Unicenter CA-7 Job Management: CA's workload automation tool for managing, visualizing, automating, optimizing applications

CA7 Dataset triggering

Postby LTFultz » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:09 pm

I am a long time OPC/TWS user who is being dragged into the CA7 world. (Kicking & Screaming I might add)

But the CA7 Scheduling Team I'm currently integrating with says they "can't use the native Dataset Triggering feature of CA7 because Developers were constantly creating datasets with the same name as those defined to do the job triggering in CA7." So they have developed a very klugy system automation process to demand jobs into CA7 upon creation of a dataset.

I know that in TWS, it can be setup to only allow triggering if the dataset is created by a specific userID. I find it hard to believe that this isn't also a feature in CA7 ?

And yes, I've read through the manuals until my eyes crossed and it doesn't addess this issue that can find. So are there any CA7 pros out here who can at least verify that this can or can't be done in CA7 ? Is it really limited to JUST the DSN itself ? Any help here would be greatly appreciated !
LTFultz

Return to CA-7